ARCHED I ROUNDED I BOLD I STRAIGHT
Let us make your brow dreams a reality!
Microblading is the manual process of scratching the outer-layers of skin to introduce coloured pigment on the eyebrows in order to mimic hair. The strokes look like individual hairs and creates the most realistic brows of any method; providing optimal shape, color, and thickness based on personal preference and what is most flattering to each individual. The design is waterproof, smudge proof, and looks completely natural.
Microblading is perfect for….
- Busy people who have limited time to get ready in the morning and still want to look great
- People with poor eyesight or motor skills who have trouble applying makeup
- Wedding day/special occasion perfection (strongly advice 4 months in advance)
- Obtaining a more youthful appearance
- People with active lifestyles
- Anyone lacking density or have uneven eyebrows
* The final results are not guaranteed to replace makeup. You may still need to use a pencil or powder to create your own unique, desired look. The ultimate goal is to have natural looking, balanced brows.
* This technique will not look as realistic or 3 dimensional if you are bald or have very little bow hair. It will still look 2 dimensional, without the texture of real hair to add that layer of dimension. It is still a nice soft alternative to makeup or solid block tattooing.
* If you are over 60 years old or have very oily skin with large pores, healed results are unpredictable and can be more fuzzy or powdery looking.
What is included in the cost of the procedure?
The cost includes the initial consultation/appointment and the enhancement session (6-8 weeks after the initial procedure)
What happens in the initial appointment?
During the initial appointment we will discuss the treatment in its entirety and together decide on the most complimentary shape, color, thickness, and density that you wish to have. We will then, using high quality pigment, continue with the treatment. The initial appointment takes approximately 3 hours.
What is an enhancement session?
The enhancement session is 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment. This is to allow the brows to heal as well as to give the client time to adjust to their new brows. At the enhancement session we will talk about if the client wishes to make any changes in regards to color, thickness, density, etc. We will then touch up the brows according to those preferences.
Does the procedure hurt?
A numbing cream is applied before and during the appointment to ensure that it is a comfortable experience. You will feel pressure and might feel it as a little scratchy, some have compared it to tweezing the eyebrows.
How long will my brows last?
This can vary from client to client, they can last from 12-18 months with proper care. Medications, sun exposure, age, skin type, skincare products you use, and how active your lifestyle is can all affect the durability and results. At 12-18 months you will more than likely need to have them done again if you wish to keep the look.
* It is not guaranteed that all strokes will fade completely
How do I care for my brows?
In the first 24 hours keep the area dry. For the following 10-14 days you may shower or bathe normally but do not soak your face underwater or allow the shower to spray directly in your face. Avoid using soaps/cleansers on your brows. After bathing apply a very thin layer of recommended healing balm 2-3 times a day. No makeup should be applied to the area for at least 10-14 days.
Contraindications for the procedure:
- Pregnancy/ breast feeding
- HIV or Hepatitis
- Chemotherapy in the last 6 months
- Accutane or steroids in the last 12 months
- Autoimmune disorders
- Hypertrophic or keloid scarring
- Currently on antibiotics
Doctors note required for the following conditions:
- Artificial heart valves or heart/blood problems
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Tumours, growths, or cysts
- Certain medications
Before your appointment…
- Do NOT get excessive sun or use a tanning bed 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your appointment
- Do NOT drink alcohol or take any blood thinning medications the day before appointment (I.e. Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin, fish oil, etc.)
- Discontinue use of retinoids and AHA’s 2 weeks before appointment
- No waxing of brows 1 week before appointment
- No chemical or laser peels 6 weeks before appointment
- You may fill in your brows as you normally do before you come to your first appointment so we can take in consideration the shape you prefer
- Bring in reference photos if you have an ideal shape
After your appointment….
- You may experience redness and swelling up to 48 hours following
- The microbladed area will appear around 40% darker and bolder during the initial healing process
- In the first week you will begin to see the area soften and the color will start to lighten while healing
- The strokes may become itchy and flaky during the first 2 weeks
- Do NOT rub/pick/scratch your brow area
- If you have an active lifestyle, avoid excessive exercise for 1 week. Sweat and oils can cause the pigment to fade faster
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs/saunas, and the sun while in the healing phase.
- In the first 6 weeks the amount of pigment that you notice fades varies from client to client. You may feel like you are losing too much color; please be advised that the skin regenerates the pigment and the healing process can in some cases hide the strokes completely. You must allow the full healing time of 6 weeks to see the true color
- You may gently apply brow powder after 10-14 days following the treatment to fill in your brows
A credit card is required to book the appointment for Microblading